We welcomed the submission of apps and the suggestion of speakers and topics through the Health Datapalooza IV “Virtual Audition” process. The deadline to submit for the Virtual Auditions has passed and the submission portal is now closed, but we thank the more than 175 groups and individuals who submitted apps, speakers, and demonstration topics. A diverse group of volunteer judges from all sectors and parts of the country will review the submissions. We will contact those who submitted in the coming weeks to notify them about whether they have been selected for a virtual audition.
See the list of companies who will demo at Health Datapalooza IV.
Download the apps demo insert to read about the apps that will be featured at Health Datapalooza IV, including booth locations.
Once submissions were received and initially screened, a number of “virtual auditions” were scheduled. Selected companies delivered presentations to judges via webinar. Those submissions receiving high scores were invited to showcase during the Main Stage sessions. Others receiving favorable scores were scheduled to present during the Apps Demo and Breakout Panel sessions.
Entries were judged based on the following criteria:
- The extent to which the application or activity uses health data (does not have to be publicly available data)
- How the application addresses an explicit problem or health issue
- Whether the application is newly created (developed within the past 12 months) or, if exhibited during last year’s Datapalooza, features enhanced capabilities
- Whether the application has demonstrated utility (improved health outcomes, reduction in health care costs, etc.)
- Whether the application has a sustainability plan or future plan of use